PAGES

July 30, 2015

BERKELEY HILLS













About a week ago, my dad and I agreed to start hiking more often. Last week, we took an easy trail, a bit too much sunlight exposure, but it was fun. Today, the trail was definitely difficult. From the moment we began, it was uphill, with little snakes and salamanders every where, under rocks, in the brush and in the bushes. Once reaching the highest point of the hill, we ran into an area where all the trees were cut down, and how could I pass up that photo op? There was nowhere else to go, so we decided it was time to head back and grab lunch. And although, going uphill was a challenge, loose rocks, brush and sand are not helpful when you've only got a walking stick to help you down a steep hill. Thankfully, I didn't slip... until we got back to our car. I totally advise everyone to go out and have a good hike, it's refreshing and a great work out.

ari xx.

No comments:

Post a Comment